Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Maine Landscape #1

6 x 8 Oil on canvas board SOLD
purchase info @ etsy buzzie2 or icon on right

I thought I would join in the 100 painting club, and do a series of 100 landscape paintings. I won't post them exclusively, I will still mix others in between. But I found I like this 6 x 8 size and figured it would be a good challenge and a similar body of work. I am, however, definitely experimenting with some larger sizes as well, I don't want to stick with only minis! Hope you will enjoy following my Maine landscapes, I will never tire of those!

6 comments:

  1. Nice Mary Anne! Love the way you've handled the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exceptional start to your challenge, Mary Anne! I am looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first painting! I love the way you did the rocks especially! And a great challenge too, I'm not brave enough to commit. Maybe one day ... I'll be watching you for inspiration (no pressure, really!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one, Mary Anne, truly a great beginning, and so exciting that they will be of Maine. I love how I get to see them on my blog in the blog roll. Your paintings are so nice and colorful, they just pop right out. Here's to the next 99!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors and the graphic shapes in this. I especially like the way you did the clouds , , , beautiful. Looking forward the other 99!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the brightness of your painting, it feels a little chilly there in Maine, look forward to seeing more, I miss seeing New England.

    ReplyDelete