Friday, March 11, 2011

Skiff Row

11 x 14 Oil on gessoed masonite  SOLD

I actually got to paint and finish a piece over the last couple days. A feat, since I feel so scattered lately. I enjoyed using this monochromatic color scheme, painted from a black and white photo. I decided to keep it to these blue hues, although for my darks I use a mixture of pthalo green and alizarin crimson. (I was away in sun and flowers, New England is dark, damp and dismal!!) Ready to leave again! Hope some of you are enjoying spring!

8 comments:

  1. Really nice- love the monochromatic color scheme. The boats all askew as if floating is really nice- great composition.
    Spring has hit Georgia and I love it- flowers popping up everywhere. Hope it gets to you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the composition of this one Mary Anne, with the dinghies bobbing.Interesting and well done.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Anne... very lovely. the monochromatic aspect of it is very soothing and cool. Dynamic placement of the subjects on the diagonal, too... powerful ! If you would like, do you want to trade links on our blogs? It's good exposure for both of us to help get our stuff 'out there'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The diagonal makes a strong composition... a nice arrangement of the boats. I didn't think monochromatic when I first saw it. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great composition and color palette, Mary Anne. Love the motion of the water as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful composition and feel. A blue day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the strong composition and the wonderful graphic quality, as well as the color scheme. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete