Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Key West sculptures

This was Jack and the Beanstock size!!!!!

Outdoor sculptures
I made it to Key West, and I am enjoying it very much. I have been riding a bike and walking everywhere, seeing a million paintings to be painted in my mind. I have not done any artwork yet, but hope to get some accomplished, eventually. I have however, been viewing a lot of artwork every where, as these sculptures here outside. There is a whole array of these, keeping all us tourists amused and entertained. This was a play on Matisses' Dancers, very clever and very well done. When walking among these, with other people around it was hard to figure sometimes who was real and who was a statue.
I spent a day walking thru an outdoor art show, and have just seen more modern sculptures on a beach path. I will be posting more of these. My art blog is going to become a journal of sorts, it is a very lively colorful spot here, with great food and constant activity. I hope my creativity is stimulated with new vision. Hope you are all painting and keeping busy!!

3 comments:

  1. Mary Anne, So glad you are are enjoying Key West. We are still in Central Florida and will be heading for Cedar Key tomorrow. Is the bottle wall still there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one place I've always wanted to visit. Such an artists haven. The sculptures are great! And the weather looks so sunny and warm : ) I met an artist that is a partner at a gallery in Key West when I was at Carol Marine's workshop. His name is David Meier and the gallery is Seven Artists if you want to check it out. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean when you see a million paintings to paint in your mind! It's so exciting to be inspired by a trip. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete