Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tropical Fireworks

Pastel on paper 10 1/2 x 15 (unframed)

Well, it's been a long time since I posted here. It has taken me a while to readjust after being gone for a month. I really had to catch up on daily things, but a funny thing happened, and I started to reevaluate my art and blog. While being away and not scrambling to produce and post, I decided I would rather take more time to think about what I am aiming for. I think I was caught up too much in making deadlines that didn't exist. So it's all about questioning my motive and goals, and for the time being, I am not going to try to produce in abundance. I feel my quality and direction was suffering. It's all a learning experience, and right now it feels good to slow down a bit, ( I may appear too slow, but I am working). I am still a blogger, but am a little scared to say it out loud, but I am not a Daily Painter. I feel shunned already, not really, I know a lot of people aren't either, but I am entering a new time.......... we will see where it leads!! Happy spring to all!!

7 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back! Don't worry about it one more minute - lots of artists I follow aren't painting daily. Better to go the direction you're being led in. You have to follow your own path - and it changes from time to time and flows... How could anyone shun you?! ; ) Artists just love to see good, honest work (and that's you in spades).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. It has a batik look to it. I was surprised to see that it is pastel. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you say makes lots of sense. I think it is true that you feel this sense that if you're not posting, you've failed the blog test or something. Better to take the time to decide what you mean to do and why you're doing it. Blessings on your journey!

    I do love your pastel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Mary Anne (even though this is the first I've seen your blog) Actually I'm new to the blog world, so that could be the reason.
    Really like your play with colors and handling of the pastels.
    will check again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color and composition are "right on"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your thoughts have mirrored mine in a way...quantity vs. quality, and quality trumps in my book.
    This a beautiful and vibrant piece...worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the same place (not for the first time). I want to do my daily "sketches" and also paint more thought out pieces and find I don't have the discipline and time to do both.

    ReplyDelete