Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In Search of Home #2

14 x 18 Oil on linen board

This is the second entry to the show "In Search of Home". This is a view that Wyeth painted from in the Olson House, from the well known Christina Olson. I did a pastel workshop there a year ago, and was so excited to tour the house. I really felt transported, and the feeling was really warm. It was one of the few times in my life where I really felt the energy of past occupants, and it was good energy. I think there was a lot of love going on in that house. A great place, if you are ever in the area, to make a planned visit. It is in a beautiful location, and has a lot of history. For any Mainers reading this, the show is going on now at Heartwood College of Art. Check it out!

10 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. The warm colors of the wall pull you in and then take you through the window. You've really done a magnificent painting, Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful depiction of the light in this room. I love how it strikes the chair and then the floor and wall. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just stunning mary anne! and i love that you visited the house and felt the energy. wyeth is a favorite. visited chadds ford years ago. need to go back, feel the energy. this is beautiful, i love it. the warm colors inside compliment the cool greens and blues out. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How marvelous to be in that house. Wonderful how you've captured such a feeling of warmth and history in your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful atmospheric painting. I love Wyeth's work. I would thoroughly enjoy a visit to this place. I like the choices you made for your paintings in this theme. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Anne, this is a beautiful piece. You've captured the warmth and feel of that room. I painted this view several years ago in pastel after my first visit to The Olson Homestead...a transformative experience. Thanks for bringing it back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this location. Cool idea painting it! I like your island house too. Glad you're painting steadily. I haven't had much spare time lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the story behind the painting. How great to be able to paint exactly where Wyeth did! You created a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete