Monday, November 8, 2010

In Search of Home

11 x 14 Oil on masonite

This is one of three paintings I am doing for a show with the title "In Search of Home". It can be any aspect of what a home means or looks like to us. It can be a glimpse of a room, some architecture or occupants, etc. This to me, is a comforting look at home. Dogs, resting in the sun within their safety zone, watching the world thru the window, happy, well fed and peaceful in their surroundings. (Daring anyone to come to the door!) To me, a home is a place where a pet or two shares the space adding to the love and chaos.......
I will post the other entrants in a week, I am off on vacation! Happy painting to all, I will miss painting, but will plan many in my head for when I return in a week!

12 comments:

  1. This is a great painting. I have 2 dogs and when I'm away, they're what I miss most about home. Very touching, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, definitely shares my view of home, I believe they are waiting for the UPS truck. (My dog is ever vigilant for the approach of the dreaded brown truck!). Enjoy vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful angle and execution Mary Anne and great thought behind your art.
    Relax, have fun and enjoy that vacation! Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully painted and it does express "home."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting of your dogs in their home :) They look happy and relaxed. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a heartwarming scene Mary Anne. It looks like their "search for home" ended well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Guess this is the favorite place of all dogs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually clicked over to comment on the still life you posted on Fresh Paint. I love the style of it and the composition. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painting. Love the dog on the right, especially. Did you paint this on a black background?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much for such nice comments, I appreciate them and they are such a help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have captured the essence of home in this painting. Love your furry friends. Great painting.

    ReplyDelete